Friday, April 1, 2016

Fixing A Problem With The Garage Door

When we bought our house, it was in pretty good shape. The roof needed a few repairs, but other than that, we thought we were good to go. However, a few days after moving in, we began to have trouble with our garage door. 

While it opened and closed fine when we simply pushed the button in the garage, we had an issue when we were using the remote. 

Whenever it was opened this way, it would rock back down several inches before coming to a stop. 

I had no idea what was wrong with it, but I did know that what I was seeing was not "normal" garage door behavior.

Since were were new to the area, we had no idea how to go about finding a reliable company that specializes in garage door repair. Luckily, our neighborhood had a community page on a popular social media site. I was able to ask for advice and get recommendations from my neighbors about a garage door repair Austin firm, which was helpful in getting the problem fixed. Luckily, we have not had any issues with the garage door since. However, I've remained an active member of the page, and it has truly been a lifesaver for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment